Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Ancient World: It's Alive!



I had a great experience in completing this assignment. I had been interested in learning how to produce videos before but was not sure how to get started, so this assignment was extremely valuable for me personally and professionally. The tutorial was straight-forward and using Photo Story could not have been easier.

As a teacher, I know that I sometimes fall back on having students use PowerPoint as part of cutting-edge technology in my classes. While there's nothing inherently wrong with PowerPoint, it came out while I was in elementary school, and there have definitely been many more developments in technology since then. Being able to have students produce their own digital projects will not only help them learn new programs and processes, but it can help make their class presentations more valuable, more interesting, and more relevant. I agree with the assessment that they can also potentially increase student motivation, collaboration, and learning. I plan to use these programs as resources with my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment